Zwischenzugs blog post arguing that to achieve a significant change in an organisation you need need to:
- Get funding.
- Persuade the finance department to give you money.
- Understand what they value.
- Understand their cash flows.
- Understand how and why customers or clients part with their money.
- Understand business constraints (legal, reg, operating).
The five whys approach to problem solving
“Consider a deeper structural cause of cultural problems in change management: how money flows through the organisation.”
“If you want to transform IT in an enterprise, start with finance. If you can crack that, you’ve a chance to succeed with sec and controls functions. If you don’t know why it’s important to start with finance, you’ll definitely fail “